Wearing hard hat or safety helmet may become your daily habits when you enter plant site. So I think it is very essential to remind you (about hard hat safety or safety hard hats. Read the hard hat safety reminders below to ensure that you have protected your head with the right hard hat.
- Safety hard hats must be worn by workers in any workplace where such hazards as flying objects, falling objects, harmful contacts or electric current exist.
- Hard hats are designed to protect workers through its rigid outer shell and interior suspension system. The outer shell reduces the impact force resulting from falling objects. The inner side works as shock absorber.
- There are some safety hard hats that can prevents workers from heat illness, check out the hard hat liner for more info.
- There are also some types of safety hard hats that can be used to protect workers from cold weather: the cold weather liner
- Always ensure your hard hat safety fits your head appropriately.
- Use only your own hard hat. Do not borrow hard hat from your friend or someone else.
- Keep your hard hat clean. Use hot water and detergent to immerse it. Then, wash it and clean it with hot water.
- Clean up any dirt, paint, sticky material or dust from the safety hard hats as soon as you can.
- Check your hard hat safety regularly. Find any sign of damage like cracks, brittle, scratch, etc. Replace immediately damaged safety hard hats.
- Safety hard hats are similar with other personal protective equipments. They have certain lifetime. Check it through manufacturer’s manual.
Using hard hat is not enough to protect your head perfectly. Use only the right safety hard hats that fit with your working conditions. Finally, do not put your safety in risk by using non-standard industrial safety hard hats.